Links and Additional Resources
I’m always on the lookout for blogs, stores and products promoting contemporary Chinese culture and sharing a sensibility that’s fresh and focused on quality, yet mindful of tradition.
Here are my favorites (listed in alphabetical order within each category).
Awesome Food Sites
- Appetite for China — Fresh and simple Chinese cooking. My go to site for Cantonese recipes.
- Dim Sum Central — The best dim sum recipes and menu guide.
- The Hong Kong Cookery — Cooking and eating good food that comes straight from a teensy tiny six foot by three and a half foot Hong Kong kitchen.
- Red Bean Box — Gourmet Asian snacks delivered monthly.
Contemporary Chinese Culture
- Banana Magazine — A fashion-forward magazine creating a voice for contemporary Asian culture.
- Chinaful Blog — A bridge to all things China, primarily for Americans doing business in China.
- Speaking of China — A blog about love, family and relationships in China.
- Red Egg and Ginger Party — Everything you need to know about attending or hosting the Chinese celebration of a baby’s one month birthday.
Great Stores and Products
- Bundshop — The best in contemporary Chinese design for industrial, fashion, home and tea products.
- Goods of Desire — Hong Kong-inspired cultural gifts.
- Jade Chocolates — Artisan chocolates with an Asian and Pacific Island influence.
- Paper Tiger Shanghai — Beautiful wrapping paper designed by a Chinese American living in Shanghai.
- Red Blossom Tea Company — A family owned gourmet tea merchant in the heart of San Francisco Chinatown.
- Shanghai Tang — Arguably the pre-eminent Chinese luxury brand.
- Tranquil Tuesdays — A Beijing-based social enterprise dedicated to showcasing China’s finest teas.
Perspectives on Multicultural Living
- Bicultural Mama — Celebrating the best of both worlds from a bicultural Chinese American mom’s perspective.
- HapaMama — Parenting, Asian American issues and food from a Taiwanese American mom.
HT: Header image from Lincoln Barbour in “Chinese Kitchen for Oregon Home.”
Do you have a favorite site I missed? Email me at email@example.com!